[Asterisk-Users] Detecting off-hook state on extension

Ekke Einberg Ekke.Einberg at starman.ee
Fri Jun 27 06:45:23 MST 2003

This can not be done in * directly. Since MGCP phones are dumb,
everything must be done in call agent.
For your functionality the call agent must send ringtone signal to the
phone immediately anfer phone goes of hook.
AFAIK *'s MGCP module can not do this, when a phone goes off hook the
callagent sends RQNT with dialtone
and numberplan, and this is hardcoded to channel. You need to modify
chan_mgcp.c ...

regards,