[Asterisk-Users] BudgeTone 100 Calling Problems

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Fri Jun 27 06:18:11 MST 2003

I'm using happily this cheap phones, but I still have a little problem.

Configuring the phone is extremely easy on * and I've a couple of them
perfectly working, except when i try to call some toll-free number (in italy
800xxxxxxx ).

If the number called is an IVR system, often with GrandStream (but also with
Cisco 7905.h323) it's impossible to make the menu choices via the Dialpad.

I think that the inband-dtmf Grandstream issue may cause this problem.

Going in the details:

I call the 803121 (Telecom Italia toll-free number for business customers).

I hear indefinitely the ring. They have an IVR.

I call the 800281111 (a toll free number of a popular radio station in
italy):

I can perfectly hear the answer of the recorded voice - that is NOT an IVR -
and then I can talk with the operator.

Anyone has ideas on how to bypass the problem of the IVR answer not
understood by *?

--
Stefano Finetti
Technical Coordinator