[Asterisk-Users] Basic Asterisk questions - personal coments

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Fri Jun 27 00:13:36 MST 2003

> Why is it that most users who don't understand threaded email is on
> Windows systems.

What do you mean by that Steven?
If the mail list application cannot handle the threads in an intelligent
way, it is our fault??

They are a couple of people on this list who prefer to give such kind of
answers and not to give a real help when needed.
I have a lot of questions posted on this list and nobody from the 'Asterisk
parents' does not even tried to give me an answer..... If this is a reserved
list only for "elites" and Asterisk experts then please told us to try to
find another place for help....
How can you say that Asterisk is the best PBX available on the market as
even some minor problems cannot be solved. To talk only about a couple of
them:
- annoying echo when X100P card is used
- very limited CallerID functionality on X100P.
If X100P is supported only in USA, why it is sold in Europe too??

Why to pay $100 for a card who does not perform as expected?
In the flyer coming with it (in particular just a piece of paper who pretend
to be the "User Manual")
is specified that the installation support is included in the card price.
Really?
I just want to see that. I just want to know where my money are.
You must take into consideration that on this list they are many peoples
from not so rich countries like yours. In my country, the medium salary is
just $100/month, so exactly as I have to pay for your little card (not
taking into consideration the extra $40 for transport and duty taxes)...

I buy an excellent USB voice modem, with Linux support, in a beautiful box,
with a detailed user manual in several languages and a CD with all available
drivers for less than $25 (retail).
Why this is not possible with the Digium products too? I do not refer here
at the product price.
I understand the effort to develop the application and that the price of
this is included in the hardware, but it was really nice to have a good user
manual and maybe a CD containing the latest version if Asterisk and all
other required drivers and modules.
It is so hard to do it?

I'm very disappointed... It is a really nice and useful product, but... this
is all....
Dan