[Asterisk-Users] hunt group

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jun 26 14:17:41 MST 2003

Granted I haven't read the handbook in a while, but I think this might
be a unique question worth answering.

The idea should be that you create each user as a group. And then you
dial with Zap to each of the 4 groups. Asterisk will call out using the
lowest port in each of the groups. This accomplishes what you mentioned.

for the zapata interface use something like
group = 1 ; 4 line phone 1
channel => 1-4
group = 2 ; 4 line phone 2
channel => 5-8
group = 3 ; 4 line phone 3
channel => 9-12
group = 4 ; last 4 line phone
channel => 13-16

and your dial string will be like
exten => _X.,1,Dial(Zap/g1&Zap/g2&Zap/g3&Zap/g4)