[Asterisk-Users] Kphone not working with Asterisk?

Daniel Flickinger flickds at mail.auburn.edu
Thu Jun 26 13:34:43 MST 2003

I'm trying to get two linux machines with kphone-3.11 two communicate with
each other over asterisk.  I have them configured correctly on asterisk to use
sip channels, but when I call from one phone to the other I don't any voice
communication between the phones.  According to the phones I'm connected, but
according to asterisk, I get the following message:

 -- Executing Dial("SIP/phone3-2c9f", "SIP/phone4") in new stack
    -- Called phone4
    -- SIP/phone4-aaf5 is ringing
    -- SIP/phone4-aaf5 answered SIP/phone3-2c9f
    -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/phone3-2c9f and SIP/phone4-aaf5
  == Spawn extension (sip, 2, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/phone3-2c9f'

I'm a newbie, so I don't really know whether this is a problem with asterisk,
or with the softphones.  I've used two Windows estara phones successfully over
asterisk with the same configuration.  If anyone has any insight on what the
problem actually is, I would be really appreciative.  Thanks.

Daniel