[Asterisk-Users] Meridian Option 11 with T100P

Manuel Marín García mmarin at tdedelnorte.com
Thu Jun 26 12:45:43 MST 2003

	I append configuration of asterisk and meridian for DTI and DTI/PRI.
The problem is that I don't know how to change default law for T100P card,
actually it is running in u-law, but some of my nortel equipments are
working in a-law . I know that it is possible to change meridian law but I
am unable to do it because there are existing services (PRI, DTI ) that are
working in a-law.

I have configured T100P to work with meridian in two modalities and both
work ok, expect by the sound quality problems. In the two cases meridian DTI
Card (NTAK09) is used

T100P as Digital Trunk Interface (DTI) no D-Channel and T100P as DTI/PRI.
Configuration of zaptel.conf, zapata.conf, meridian (digital channels and
dti card configuration)

zaptel.conf (Configuration for DTI)
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-24
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

zaptel.conf (Configuration for DTI/PRI)
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

zapata.conf (Configuration for DTI)
[channels]
context=default
signalling=em_w
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callprogress=yes
channel => 1-24

zapata.conf (Configuration for DTI/PRI)
[channels]
context=default
switchtype=5ess
signalling=pri_net
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callprogress=yes
channel => 1-23

TRUNK CONFIGURATION FOR DTI

TN   006 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK  DTI
NCOS 0
RTMB 56 1
TGAR 0
SIGL EAM
STRI/STRO IMM IMM
SUPN YES
CLS  UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD XREP HKD
     P10 VNL MID
TKID
DATE NO DATE
NACT

TRUNK CONFIGURATION FOR DTI/PRI
TN   005 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK  PRI
NCOS 0
RTMB 55 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
TGAR 0
CLS  UNR DIP WTA LPR APN THFD XREP HKD
     P10 VNL
TKID
DATE NO DATE

CONFIGURATION RECORD (LD 17)

REQ  PRT
TYPE CFN

TYPE CFN.
LPIB 96
HPIB 16
500B 16
DTIB 0
DTOB 0
NCR  80
NDIS 20
NCPU 1
PCML MU (I change it to u-law in order to work with asterisk but this change
causes a lot of problems with other TIE lines)
ALRM YES
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
TMRK 128
FCDR OLD
PCDR NO
MLDN YES
DUR5 NO
MARP NO
MPED 8D
SUPL  000  004  008  012
      016
TDS   001
DDCS
CONF  029  030  031

DLOP  NUM DCH FRM LCMT YALM TRSH (Card configuration and framing)
 TRK  006 24  ESF           01
 PRI  005 24  ESF B8S  FDL  01
APVL
DTI2  07
MTYP 256K
SYNM 0
SID  0
BKGD 044
PBXH 01
TODR 01
DROL 030 034 035 038 044
ADAN     HST
  SIZE    5000
  USER MTC SCH BUG
ADAN     TTY 0
  CARD 00
  PORT 0
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  XSM  NO
ADAN     TTY 1
  CARD 01
  PORT 0
  BPS  1200
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOW NO
  ENL  YES
  USER MTC SCH BUG
  XSM  NO
ADAN     TTY 2
  CARD 01

PAGE 001

  PORT 1
  BPS  1200
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOW NO
  ENL  YES
  USER CTY
  XSM  NO
ADAN     TTY 8
  CARD 10
  PORT 0
  BPS  1200
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE
  FLOW NO
  ENL  NO
  USER LSL
  XSM  NO
ADAN     AML 9
  CARD 10
  PORT 1
  BPS  4800
  CLOK EXT
  IADR 003
  RADR 001
  T1   10
  T2   002
  T3   040
  N1   128
  N2   08
  K    7
  RXMT 05
  CRC  10
  ORUR 005
  ABOR 005
  ENL  NO
ADAN     DCH 5 (D channel configuration)
  CARD 05
  PORT 1
  USR  PRI
  DCHL 5
  OTBF 32
  DRAT 64KC
  CLOK EXT
  NASA NO
  IFC  ESS5 (Same as zapata.conf)
  RLS  ID  **
  RCAP
  MBGA NO

  OVLR NO
  OVLS NO
  T23  20
  T200 3
  T203 10
  N200 3
  N201 260
  K    7
VSID   09
  DLOP

PAGE 002

  AML  09
     INTL 0001
     MCNT 9999
     CONF DIR
CSQI 020
CSQO 020
FRPT NEFR
MANU PMS1
CLID NO
MGCR NULL
DCUS NULL
MAGT NULL
DTDT NO
CODE 0
SOLR 12
ROLR +45.00
TOLR -45.00
AGCD NO
VOLR NO
HRLR +42.00
HTLR -44.00
MSCL 255
CFWS NO

REQ
NOTE: The 1.5 Mb DTI/PRI needs a daughter board for controlling D-CHANNEL.
This daughter board is not required when working only as DTI. Also is
recommended to use a daughter clock controller card to avoid error related
to clocking in my case I did not use this clock controller card. Nortel
Release is 18 with Networking facilities

VERSION 1411
RELEASE 18
ISSUE 30 + H

The purpose of interconencting *PBX to meridian is to offer conferencing
facilities, record conversation and to work as a bridge between Hard
IP-Phones and meridian phones

So, I would like to know how to change T100P card from u-law to a-law

Please help!