[Asterisk-Users] What is Newt?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jun 26 10:53:11 MST 2003

apt-cache show libnewt0
Package: libnewt0
Section: base
Installed-Size: 66
Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <ezanard at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: newt
Version: 0.50-7
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), slang1 (>> 1.3.0-0)
Filename: dists/potato/main/binary-i386/base/libnewt0_0.50-7.deb
Size: 29378
MD5sum: 0d1b71c32b424b6a4afe4465e0a35f47
 Newt is a windowing toolkit for text mode built from the slang library.
 It allows color text mode applications to easily use stackable windows,
 push buttons, check boxes, radio buttons, lists, entry fields, labels,
 and displayable text. Scrollbars are supported, and forms may be nested
 to provide extra functionality. This package contains the shared library
 for programs that have been built with newt.

BTW, please do not start a new thread of email by replying to someone
elses mail. For those with little time and the ability to ignore
threads, you will get lost in the ignore. For those of us that don't
ignore threads, you will just annoy us by screwing up the threading of a
message.