[Asterisk-Users] Re: New Module app_perl

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 07:32:38 MST 2003

Of course engaging brainstorming is not a bad thing
but engaging an arbitrary example about config files might be since it is arbitrary =)

I just need to be more careful because I think originally I was replying
to someone's comments about making perl equivs of all the api calls
so the app_perl can make entire modules by itself.
I was describing the current features thus far and mentioned you could already create your own config file parser as a random example which then took all the attention.

Here's a new one ...

Is there already an app to collect digits into a VAR cos if so
you could make an ext that collects a numeric login and pass
then pass that to app_perl who could auth that info on a db or file and
enable/disable extensions since it has the power to create ext and include contexts.

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 18:17, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> Oops, every time I make up a random arbitrary example someone
> pounces on it. =p
>

> See, this ranting I like to do is called brainstorming  It's not
> mandatory to act on
> every idea but perhaps speaking them aloud or posting them to forums
> will lead to a good idea every once in a while.

And not every time someone engages your brainstorming is about shooting
down the idea you have. It is about refining it till it doesn't have
any
good arguments against it.