[Asterisk-Users] X100P and PSTN caller id

K. C. Li li at laser.com
Thu Jun 26 06:51:41 MST 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Dan wrote:

> Gary sais some time ago:
> "Have you got the number of rings for caller-id set right ??
> its in chan_zap  somewhere from memory.."
>
> It seems that in US it is after first ring, but in Europe it is before the
> first ring (but not allways).

We are with BT and the caller ID informationo is apparently available just
before the first ring. I don't know whether the format of the information
is similar to the U.S. caller ID information.

I found the following define in asterisk/chan_zap.c:

/* Typically, how many rings before we should send Caller*ID */
#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 1

But it talks about sending caller ID, not receiving from the FXO.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li at laser.com
Laser Business Systems Ltd.