[Asterisk-Users] indication tones and callwaiting chirp too loud

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Wed Jun 25 16:02:15 MST 2003

I am wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to turn down the volume on all the dial tones, indications, etc.. and especially the call-waiting CHIRP!

I don't want to change the txgain and rxgain because they are working at levels that I would like.  However, when voice conversations and voicemail recordings are at good levels then the dial tones, busy tones, etc are way too loud.  This is especially true for the chirp for call-waiting which is excruciating for someone who is having a conversation.

There is also a very loud chirp and the very end of Voicemail recordings.

Is it possible to turn down these levels?  How about a software limiter?  Or a filter that cuts out huge spikes?

Could these problems be due to my equipment?

Let's see, my system:

    T400P 4 port  T1
        port one attached to CAC II w/ 12 FXO set to ground start 12 FXS set to loopstart
        port two CAC II w/ 24/FXS loopstart
        port three CAC II w/ 24/FXS loopstart
        port four free

Thanks,