[Asterisk-Users] Possible solution to Zaptel panics

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 25 15:09:57 MST 2003

Heya Jared,

I've had this problem on RH8 as well.  I also just had it panic again,
without the Eicon stuff loaded, so I went back to a configuration which
seemed stable during my previous tests (kernel v2.4.20-8smp, as default
shipped with RH9).  This has now been running for an extended amount of
time without crashing.  Next, I'm going to try a vanilla v2.4.21 kernel
and then I'm going to add my current patches and kernel config-options,
1 at a time, until it becomes unstable again.

BTW: In all these kernel-panics I fed to `ksymoops', the Bad Stuff
always seemed to happen in the Zaptel-drivers.  I already mailed one
of those to Mark last week.

   Grtz,

     Oliver