[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk under Yellow Dog

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jun 24 16:28:51 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 17:59, Serge Mankovski wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile Asterisk under Yellow Dog 3.0 distributionn.
> I am getting an  error
> gcc -shared -Xlinker -x -o codec_gsm.so codec_gsm.o -lgsm
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgsm
>
> May be I need packages that my distribution does not include?
> What do I need to download to get it compiled?

Just a bit of education for you so you can help yourself later, -l flags
to gcc are to link against libraries and the name of the library is lib
+ what ever is appended to the -l flag. It appears you have the headers
for libgsm since it didn't complain and die on lack of headers, but it
appears that gcc and ld are unable to find libgsm. It might be that it
is installed to a directory that ld needs to be made aware of in
/etc/ld.so.config.