[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Polycom

Benjamin Miller BGMiller at dccinc.com
Tue Jun 24 09:35:14 MST 2003

Yeah, we tested this.  Polycom was a real butt about it too.  They have
sealed some agreements with vendors that sell their phones with their
proprietary systems.  While Polycom admits the phone does "SIP" they
will not disclose any info about configuring it and the vendors phone
systems that configure it have system specific firmware and xml config
files.  So, my take on the Polycom is that they say "SIP" but it is not
really usable by anything but their partners phone systems.
So my advice is don't waste your time.
Ben