[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and passwords

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 24 08:59:46 MST 2003

Currently there is no way to store SIP passwords in an encrypted
form, and there is no user interface to change passwords that is
built into the Asterisk system.

You will need to build your own user interface.

Note that you could, if you really, REALLY wanted to, build your own
password encryption method using some of the tools in the ser
toolkit.  An easier way to do it would be to allow users to change
their passwords via an AGI script (perl?) that had an interface
through a voice prompt menu within Asterisk.

JT