[Asterisk-Users] How can I log SIP debug messages to a file?

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Mon Jun 23 12:48:24 MST 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:59:09 +0300, destan <destan at kablonet.com.tr> wrote:
> I want to read to debug messages and try to interpret them but they
> happen too fast, how can I log these guys to a file, or is there a file
> like this already?

Greetings...

There's a program called "script" which will spawn a new shell, and log
everything that goes on in it.  It produces a file, called "typescript".
It's a really handy command.

Also, depending on how you're accessing the server, your terminal program
might have something to offer.

> I checked the /var/log/asterisk but there isn't much interesting there
> yet? How can i turn on logging for SIP,IAX and other things?

sip debug
iax debug

etc, etc.  And then "sip no debug", "iax no debug", etc, to turn it off.  -
rt

--
Ryan Tucker
Network Engineer