[Asterisk-Users] databases for billing

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jun 23 07:46:06 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 03:03, carlos del mayor wrote:
> TWO THINGS,GARY!
> 1-Sorry for the html, now it's off
> 2-The mail you're talking about has arrived two
> minutes ago.I KNOW read, thank you.
>
>  I only wanted to know if somebody was working with
> this, in order to simplify a litle my work
> (documentation and all that it's what i was looking
> for).
> Gary, I don't think your reaction is ok, people who
> are starting with new features (like me) only demand a
> litle of help and patience, only that. I know that we
> are a lot, and there are less 'guru' pepople than
> newbie one, but a mailing list is used to help. You
> can 'not help', I don't mind, but please don't send
> messages that can make newbie people feel this mailing
> list is not for them.

The problem is demonstrated by your choice of words above. The rift
between newbies and those with a little more knowledge is that newbies
"demand" their questions be answered. The knowledge that is being
demanded was not inexpensive for those who know it. We have either spent
many hours learning, or for a few here many hours creating it. You do
not see the same problems between "guru"s because we understand the
value of the information that we are asking for, and how to communicate
better with the person with the knowledge.

Please understand that many times you will run into answers that are
just one word, or one file name that is intended to point you to how to
figure out your problem on your own. The end result is often that you
gain your knowledge in a similar way that the person offering it had to.