[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk CPU power requirements

Dave Alan Caruana david at melita.net
Mon Jun 23 06:13:39 MST 2003

hi there,
I have an installed & working Asterisk server,
which I am using to connect to a SIP service
abroad. Although I can hear the IVR from the
ITSP, I cannot seem to send them digits from
my phone.

I have also noticed that the CPU usage on my
machine is up to 100% constantly and 99.9%
of that is going to Asterisk, even when asterisk
is just idle and doing nothing at all ..

The machine is a Celeron 800 with 256Mb of RAM,
and there is a Digium single span E1 card
going into it.

Is something wrong? or do I just need more
CPU power?

cheers
Dave