[Asterisk-Users] Is this possible:

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Sun Jun 22 21:39:30 MST 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:07:32PM +1200, Aaron Martin wrote:
> The hardware we are planning to use is:
>
> Micronet SP5050 FXO Gateway
> http://www.micronet.com.tw/Products/VoIP/SP5050.asp
>
> Micronet SP5100 IP Phone
> http://www.micronet.com.tw/Products/VoIP/SP5100.asp

I can't help you with specific hardware.  Asterisk speaks SIP, MCGP, H.323, IAX.
Both the products above speak H.323, so you should be able to hook asterisk in the
middle.

I guess you'd configure asterisk to register with the gateway, and the phones
to register with asterisk.

> We are hoping to use this hardware along with AsteriskPBX to replace our aging
> PBX system.
>
> What I want to acheive is:
> * Any incoming call from PSTN (via gateway) rings on the receptionists phone
> for 10 seconds, and then starts ringing on all phones.
> * Any user can just dial 1 to get the first avaliable outgoing line onto the
> PSTN.
> * All users can have voicemail, with email notification.
> * Calls can be transferred from one user to another.
>
> Is this all possible??  Is anyone else using this Micronet hardware?

Asterisk can do all the above with other hardware.  Micronet should work in
theory.

Perhaps someone else on the list has had experience with the micronet hardware.

cheers,
--
Woody