[Asterisk-Users] asteisk, sip & NAT

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Sun Jun 22 03:02:06 MST 2003

This sound like the problem that I've been having this weekend. My setup is
a Snom100 and X-Lite connected to my * box, and the same box is the NAT
gateway for the devices. I could have external users call in no problem at
all, but when I tried to call out I got about 1/1.5 seconds of audio and
then all incoming audio died. the other end could hear me, however.

It turned out to be the fact that * sending reinvite requests to fwd, which
was then trying to connect directly to the snom100, and, obviously, failing
because it's behind NAT.

After much hair-pulling from myself and Andy, I stumbled across an unrelated
post that pointed me to the 'canreinvite=no' option. I stuck this in the
[fwd.pulver.com] section of the sip.conf file and magically, it all worked!

Maybe, just maybe, it'll work for you too :)

Jon