[Asterisk-Users] SIP registration without password (secret)

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jun 20 12:11:27 MST 2003

Remove the "secret=" lines for SIP peers that do not have passwords.

Here is an example of a host that sends us calls but no password:

[foo1]
host=192.168.200.160
type=friend
dtmfmode=inband

That's it; very simple.  If you discover that SIP messages seem to be
"ignored" in one direction, se the "insecure=yes" feature.  This will
allow SIP inbound messages with return ports other than 5060 (which
some SIP severs brokenly use.)

JT