[Asterisk-Users] Manager interface, again

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 11:38:13 MST 2003

>This is odd because I email all my users voicemail out and the ones that
>don't clear the voicemail on the phone still get stutter tones. I had to
>inform them of what to do, and then mass delete their voicemail to get
>the stutter tone to stop. One user had almost 50 messages waiting.

I had this initially, but it was due to a 'zombie' message (as pointed out to me
by citats... an easy way to double check is to connect to the manager interface
and look at the status of a mailbox.Iif it reports something like

mailbox: 1000
Response: Success
Message: Mailbox Status
Mailbox: 1000
Waiting: 1                 <------- that is NOT a msg count btw

then the user would get a stutter tone.. if Waiting: 0 then they wont...

I'd be interested to hear if this is/isn;t the case on your setup

HTH

Andy