[Asterisk-Users] Active ISDN PCMCIA card

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Fri Jun 20 10:53:01 MST 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 13:28, Michael Manousos wrote:
> Are there any suggestions for active ISDN CAPI PCMCIA cards
> that are known to work with Asterisk?

You can try AVM B1 PCMCIA. This card is fully I4L compliant but AVM has
developed a LINUX capi 2.0 stack.
http://www.avm.de/en/products/hardware/active/B1_PCMCIA/index.html
The Linux Capi driver you find here:
ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/b1_pcm/linux/
Be aware that the Capi4Linux driver is distributed only as binary and
especially prepared for Suse distributions. WIth some adaptations it should
work with other distributions as well. Otherwise you should use I4L for this
card. BTW. The Capi4Linux driver works also for the AVM Fritz which is much
cheaper than the B1 device and supports full CAPI functionality such as G3
Fax.

regards

Olaf