[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hogging CPU resources

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Fri Jun 20 10:41:51 MST 2003

I will just put my few cense in here...  I would keep an eye on what you are
updating however.  For instance, in sh, or bash:

    cvs -n update -dA 2>&1 |grep -v "^cvs"

will show you, in a nice format which files would be updated were you to
update the files.  After you get that list you may want to check on each
file.

    cvs st <filename>

show you which version of the file you have locally and what the version on
the server is.  This way you can see how many changes have taken place on
the file since your last update.

    cvs log <filename>

Will give you the comments that the developer added to each version of the
file.  These are sometimes very important to know.  It could help you decide
whether or not you want to actually update at this time.

    cvs diff -rHEAD <filename>

will show you the actually difference in the file between the version you
have and the very latest version in the repository.  You can use this
command to watch the code that is being checked in.  You can see how bugs
are fixed.  And you may spot a problem with the code that was checked in.

All these commands can help you get a feel of what is actually going on.  If
you do an update and then problems occur you may be more equipped to find
out why the problems are occurring and what you can do to get around them.

This has been one of my methods copping on the tip of any codeline.

Jason