[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hogging CPU resources

Derek Beaumont dbeaumont at telantek.com
Fri Jun 20 09:30:06 MST 2003

The version of asterisk I am running is:
Asterisk CVS-06/05/03-09:41:32

I am not 100% sure of how to update Asterisk.
Do I just download using CVS, then run
make clean
make upgrade
?

This blows my main idea of not having a timing source to keep asterisk
from entering a busy loop.

Are you running the most current CVS? I know there had been a bug some
time back that caused every asterisk thread to open handles on
/dev/zap/timer repeatedly and at some point my system had run out of
file handles to give out and performance started sucking. A CVS upgrade
fixed that. Oddly enough too was that it only happened on 1 of my 3
asterisk machines.