[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk VS. Bayonne

Uriel Carrasquilla uriel at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 20 07:36:39 MST 2003

I certainly hope that there is more to their difference.  I have not
compared both of them recently but I did back during summer 99.  Then in my
mind I decided that the one that I could get working first would stay.  I am
still with asterisk.  I found that Mark was more than willing to help to
help me get going.  Bayonne wanted consulting fees that were expensive on my
zero budget.
Asterisk back in 99 had its problem but it was promissing:
1) inexpensive Zapata cards
2) very effective, simple communication protocol (iax) that would work over
firewalls and nat.
3) very straight forward dial plan (extensions.conf)
4) gno-phone was on the works.

Regards,
Uriel