[Asterisk-Users] Chan_oh323 problem

Andrey Tyushkin JohnShooter at mail.ru
Thu Jun 19 07:09:50 MST 2003

Hello

I have the following problem using chan_oh323
I have DialGate 2160 for SystemBas (www.sysbas.com) connected to PSTN
(H.323 to FXO/FXS gateway)
when i try to make call form one pstn phone to other trough asterisk or when i make call from software h.323 client trough asterisk and this gateway to pstn i have the problem with voice quality.
The side that initiated call can be heared clearly, but the side that answered the call can be heared aproximatly at half.
E.g. on this side everything is heared with some cuts.
I runed asterisk -vvvc
and during the call it constantly printning:
WARNIGN .. File chan_oh323.c, Line 761 (oh323_read) H323:20016 Requested read buffer size is too long (2560) !
and next line message about truncating buffer.

I've changed OH323_MAX_BUF to 2560 - warning message disappeared but it didn't improove the quality.

I configures Milliwatt aplication and when i ring from PSTN i hear beeps, not continuees tone
and its printning warning message in line 1460 : Only doing 640 bytes (1280 bytes requested)
(sometimes prints 2560 bytes requested)
(from soft client almost everything is ok, only some seldom clicks)

I thought that this is the problem of dialgate, but when i use it w/o asterisk it works w/o this problems.

Thanks in advance,
Andrey