[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -rx under cron?

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Thu Jun 19 06:47:40 MST 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Christopher Arnold wrote:

> And it solwed my immediate need too.
>
> But is asterisk -rx "show channels" really not meant to work from cron or
> an noninteractive script? If so i guess some documentaion about the
> limitations would help other folks out there.

It works just fine for me, the only time it doesn't work is when I don't
put some quotes around the command.

asterisk at homebox:~/cvs/asterisk# asterisk -rx 'show channels'
        Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
0 active channel(s)

asterisk at homebox:~/cvs/asterisk# asterisk -rx "show channels"
        Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
0 active channel(s)

asterisk at homebox:~/cvs/asterisk# asterisk -rx show channels
No such command 'show' (type 'help' for help)

James