[Asterisk-Users] E1 in South Africa

Bradley Greep bradley.greep at eit.ca
Wed Jun 18 13:26:24 MST 2003

Hello Tielman Koekemoer
	E1 is used in the world except for North America and one or two other places.
It consists of 30 speech or data channels and 2 signalling (1 for framed signalling, and one for channel signalling)
E1 is superior to the North American T1 system over here it's called E1 to differentiate from T1.
	South Africa uses E1. which according to a colleague is known as pcm30. (if he remembers correctly.)
The E-100 Card should work but I doubt if it's telkom certified. (That's your problem)

Bradley Greep.