[Asterisk-Users] New busydetect routines for analog channels (FXO mostly)

Martin Pycko martinp at digium.com
Tue Jun 17 15:03:15 MST 2003

Hello,

I've commited the new busydetect routine to CVS.
You need to cvs update asterisk of course and then choose it
in asterisk/Makefile and recompile asterisk.
All you X100P users that had the problems
with false hangups or the card not being able to detect the busy tone
please check that.

In the asterisk/Makefile you need to find a line
BUSYDETECT =

and uncomment what you want/ comment out what you don't want.

Also in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf you need to have
busydetect=yes
busycount=<number>

where <number> should be betwen 5 and 15. The best value to try is
busycount=10

Also if you have some strange signal like 3 beeps (200 ms tone, 200 ms
silence) and then silence of e.g. 500 ms then you need to comment out:

BUSYDETECT+= #-DBUSYDETECT_TONEONLY

But then you can't use it with

BUSYDETECT+= #-DBUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE

The last 'flag' should enforce detection (less false hangups)
although I tested the algorithm without
-DBUSYDETECT_TONEONLY nor -DBUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE
with busycount = 10 and after 1 hour of conversation I didn't have any
false hangups.

regards
Martin