[Asterisk-Users] Dual T400P, SMP, performance issues

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 17 13:09:53 MST 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 20:54:39 +0200, The Traveller wrote:

> BTW: As I reported in my previous mail to the list, I've now installed kernel
> 2.4.21-rc2 with ACPI-patch on the box with the E100P.  I've been trying
> very hard to reproduce a freeze with this kernel, but haven't succeeded yet.
[...]

Ok, it crashed again, so that wasn't it either.  What I did to trigger
it was using the auto-dialer to loop as many calls to app_datetime out
and then back over the same E-1 as it would take, queueing the calls
to "/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/" 14 at a time.  It froze at the first
attempt.  The "good" news is that it produced a visible kernel-panic.
this time.  My guess is that you only don't see it if the console
screensaver has already come on while it happens.

It read something like "Unable to handle kernel paging request" and
happened in the swapper-task.  As usual, it dumped a lot of numbers on the
screen, which I didn't want to write down.

Mark: If you want my help in debugging this, I'll hook it up to a
serial console, trigger the crash and provide you with the exact
panic, together with the ksyms and modules-info to trace it.

    Grtz,

       Oliver