[Asterisk-Users] newbie SIP question

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Tue Jun 17 01:12:45 MST 2003

Hi all,
--------

I am sorry to ask you this newbie question again but I did not get any answer:

If I have installed a asteriskpbx at the public internet what would be my own
sip address ? I guess it depends on the callerid . ??

sip.conf

[phone2]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=9999
context=siphome
callerid="Tkc" <2124>

----------
asterisk server = asterisk.mydomain.org

I somebody outside of my asterisk system wants to contact "Tkc" via SIP what
would be the right sip adress ? I guess : sip:tkc at asterisk.mydomain.org or
sip:2124 at asterisk.mydomain.org ???

What about sip programs wich does not support number dialing and only accepts
full sip compliant addresses in the form of: sip:userid at machine.foo.bar . I
want to use the sip client "tkcphone" for the Sharp Zaurus PDA  in the
asterisk environment and this client does not support number dialing.

Do I need additional stuff in extensions.conf ??

regards

Olaf