[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and DISA fixes

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jun 16 23:43:39 MST 2003

>[snip]
>And to DISA:
>
>	* Properly handle extensions with multiple matches and "dots"
>
>Please let me know on or off list about any feedback you have regarding
>these changes.
>
>Mark

OK, this patch seems to work after some tests.  DISA no longer
"jumps" to wildcarded strings that might match in the called context,
which is very handy for those of us that use the "broken" behavior of
SIP dialing batches to do things like set variables, etc. before the
meat of the dial sequence is executed.

A quick and uneducated look at the source shows a 10-second timeout
now on DTMF dialed sequences before the sequence is executed into the
context.  This means that upon hearing a DISA dialtone, this happens:

(1)
  - you type the first digit of your password, dialtone stops.  You
must hit a key every 20 seconds, and you must end the password
sequence by typing "#".  You get a second dialtone.  Proceed to (2)

OR

  - proceed to (2) if "no-password" is set as the password

(2)
  You type the first digit of the number to be dialed, and dialtone
stops.  You must press a digit before ~10 seconds have elapsed, or
the number to that point will be dialed.  To have the number dialed
in the context you have specified, merely wait 10 seconds for the
timeout.  Dialing a "#" key will be appended to the end of the
number, so it is NOT required to complete a DISA dialing sequence
except for password sequences.

Do I have this right?  If so, it would appear that it would be
possible to reduce the 10 second timeout to something smaller by
changing this like in app_disa.c:

static int digittimeout = 10000; /* 10 seconds subsequent digit timeout */

JT