[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk switch => statement

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Jun 15 13:03:24 MST 2003

> switch => IAX/bobdobbs at ast-2/incoming
>
> is really the same as this:
>
> exten => .,1,Dial(bobdobbs at ast-2/${EXTEN})
>
> (that's => "dot""comma"1)

Almost, except that if, for example, you have an analog phone, as you type
each digit in the switch case, Asterisk will ask the other host "is this a
valid number yet?" and the machine responds with "Yes, exactly" or "No,
can't be" or "Well, might be, send me some more digits" or "It is, but it
might be longer, too" in which case we do the right thing :)

Mark