[Asterisk-Users] E1, E100P

Markku Korpi korpim at cosini.com
Fri Jun 13 11:22:15 MST 2003

I have been fighting just today with a E400P/E100P problem that seems to be
the same.

In my setting there are three boxes interconnected with E1s like this:
   Box 3, E400P span 1, Timing source=1 <--> Box 1, E100P, Timing source=0
   Box 3, E400P span 2, Timing source=0 <--> Box 2, E100P, Timing source=1
The E1 signaling is EuroISDN and hdb3 and crc4 is set on each span in
zaptel.conf
The green lights are still on all the time, even though errors are reported.

Still, * keeps reporting error message:
    chan_zap line 5341 (zt_pri_error) "... Read on ...  failed: unknown
error 500"
It comes on both ends of both E1s  continuously (i.e. several times/second)

The HW and cable seems to be ok, because the error clears immediately (in
box 3/E400) as soon as I reconnect a loop between two spans of E400P like
this, i.e. without changing zaptel.conf at all:
   Box 3, E400P span 1, Timing source=1 <--> Box 3, E400P span 2, Timing
source=0

My build is from CVS from 6. June.
Box 3 is RH 9 and Boxes 1 and 2 are SuSE 8.0 running in textmode (runlevel
3)

Oh, one more thing:
I have put a build I made in January in Box 1, but the same error happens
there, too, just in another line of chan_zap.

This could be the same problem as reported by Alex on April 3 in the thread
 http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-April/009671.html
but a cure was never reported and I could not find other threads on this
problem, either.

It would be super great, if someone has a hint leading to a solution !

Markku