[Asterisk-Users] Call queues for phone operator

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Fri Jun 13 09:57:30 MST 2003

Hi.

I was wondering how can I make incoming calls to wait if the phone
operator is busy. I've 8 incoming lines, with 30 extensions.
What I need is if the operator is busy with call nr #1 , the new
incoming call waits until the op. is free.
Looking into app_queue seems the way to go.
So I want to ask if I'm right or wrong:
I set up only a queue , is to say operatorq, where
the only member is my op. into technology SIP/operator
So my queues.conf should be :
[general]
[default]
[operatorq]
music = default
announce = from-queue
;context = qoutcon
timeout = 20
retry = 5
;maxlen = 0
member => SIP/operator

and when a call arrives, dial the operator and if he's busy,
fire up app_queue .

So what I expect, when the operator hangs up, his phone
will automagically rings playing the announce "from-queue" and
bridge it with the call that's waiting.

So, I'm correct? Anyone experienced that or could give me
a better way to handle that?

Thanks a lot,
matteo.

--