[Asterisk-Users] Applications, dialplan not loading

Moshe Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Fri Jun 13 07:09:14 MST 2003

I've built the latest CVS of asterisk -- not the zaptel or libpri
directories, just the asterisk directory. asterisk installs
successfully, but there are severe problems. I built this system in the
past and ran it, but now building it again fails. This is the CVS as of
this morning, 2003-06-13, but I had problems on 06-11/12 as well.

After make; make install; make samples; make config, I have a complete
system installed with all the demo packages. As I have done previously,
I attempted to test the system using "dial 500." This failed with the
messsage No such extension '500' in context 'local'.

I have diagnosed several problems:

(1) None of the application modules seem to autoload, so "Macro" and
"Zapateller" are not loaded automatically. (/etc/modules.conf does
contain "autoload=yes"). I can load these from the command line, but
they do not autoload as they did in the past.

(2) Other built-ins do not load. E.g., "stop now" is missing when I type
help, and 'asterisk -rx 'stop now'" fails with "No such command 'stop'
(type 'help' for help)".

(3) The dialplan does not load. Using "show dialplans", I expect to see
the demo and default dialplans as given in the sample extensions.conf;
however, the only dialplan I see is the parkedcall dialplan.

The log file does not shed any light (to my eyes, at least) as to why
the dialplan in "extensions.conf" does not load.

What I find extremely puzzling is that this worked with a previous CVS,
the one I first got on about 06-09. Since then I have upgraded to the
latest version of alsa, but I can't understand why that would make a
difference. (Although the log file complains about chan_oss and the
sound resouce being busy, it does load alsa and dialing a parked-call
extension does execute correctly).

Comments? Suggestions?

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky * http://www.Disaggregate.com