[Asterisk-Users] fxs card not loading in new computer

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jun 12 08:03:04 MST 2003

(I'm producing a writeup on all the things one run into building an * box.
Which after a couple of boxes is showing up aplenty.)

So this uses the working h/w and config's from another box. All I do is
build in a new computer.

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
So I made sure that the fxo is loaded first. Now it complains on channel 2.
I also ran ztcfg -vv but no diff. So I ran dmesg which shows

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
No ISA tormenta card found at d0000
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded

a few times. And:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
PCI: Assigned IRQ 10 for device 00:06.0
Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
PCI: Assigned IRQ 5 for device 00:09.0

also a few times. Verified that 196 was torisa. Looking for address or irq
problems I found that only the fxo card occupied an interrupt. 5 is not in
use. Iomem and ioport revealed:

fe102000-fe102fff : Tiger Jet Network Inc. Model 300 128k (#2)
fe103000-fe103fff : Tiger Jet Network Inc. Model 300 128k

e400-e4ff : Tiger Jet Network Inc. Model 300 128k (#2)
e800-e8ff : Tiger Jet Network Inc. Model 300 128k
  e800-e8fe : wcfxo

/etc/modules.conf has:

options torisa base=0xd0000
alias char-major-196 torisa
post-install tor2 /sbin/ztcfg
post-install wcfxo /sbin/ztcfg
post-install wct1xxp /sbin/ztcfg
post-install wcfxs /sbin/ztcfg
post-install wcfxsusb /sbin/ztcfg
post-install torisa /sbin/ztcfg

It seems that d000 is the wrong address but it does not wrk on e400 or e800,
so I'm stomped.

--

Steve