[Asterisk-Users] Info sip/h.323 interoperability

marco at atlavia.it marco at atlavia.it
Thu Jun 12 03:18:29 MST 2003

Hi all,

I'm a student (my thesis work consist in testing
interopearbility SIP/H.323) and I begin to work with
asterisk in this days.
I have to testing to SIP/H.323, since today I have used
Vocal system, but there are some problem for this
features.

In the asterisk mailing list, in the next message I've seen an e-mail

"""
[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 with Asterisk & H.323 Shaun
Ewing asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 21:56:42 +1000
"""

I've red in that mail you   """ have over a hundred 7960s
using Asterisk and chan_h323 """, so my question is:
Asterisk supports this interoperability ?
I have done some test with Vocal to make calls from IP
cisco Phone via sip/h323 translator to connect with
Netmeeting or other h.323 end points...

If this interoparability is supported which module I needs  ?

Thanks for attention,
Marco