[Asterisk-Users] Dialing out through a Hardware PBX

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 12 01:53:50 MST 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 surajee at infotechs.lk wrote:

> our Asterisk pbx is sitting behind a normal analog hardware pbx, we have
> to dial 9
> to take an outside call through the hardware pbx, our fxo interface is
> also connected
> to one of the extensions of it. we can make calls to internal hardware
> pbx extensions
> by dialing through the fxo interface using Dial function, for ex.
> Dial(Zap/g3/599|20|t)
>
> but we also want make calls to outside by first dialing 9, and then
> dialing the number.
> is there any possiblity that asterisk can make calls like that, ie, first
> dialing 9, and then
> wait for the dial tone and then dialing the number?
> how do i pause between 9 and the telephone number, will comma ( , ) do
> the job?
> for ex. will Dial(Zap/g3/9,0777701338|20|t) will work? or else pls let me
> know a way to
> do that.

I'd suggest something like

exten = _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g3/9|20|t)  ;dial "9" for outbound line
exten = _9.,2,Wait(1)              ;wait 1s for dialtone, PBX may take longer
exten = _9.,3,SendDTMF(${EXTEN:1}) ;send remaining digits as DTMF

If you have more than one (9...) case, you may want to use a macro.

Cheers,
	Siggi