[Asterisk-Users] Telephone Tree

mike at pellatt.co.uk mike at pellatt.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 00:07:01 MST 2003

> > I'd like to use Asterisk to build a phonetree
> (www.phonetree.com) type
> > of application, like this:
> >
> > 1. Read a text-based name/phonenumber file.
> > 2. Call every number and play a recorded message.
> > 3. If a beep is detected, replay the message from scratch (to leave
> > messages on an answering machine).
> > 4. Write results to a log file.
> >
> > Does anything like this exist already? Can this be done
> with Asterisk's
> > script syntax?
>
> I think the simple answer you are looking for is "yes".
>
> You might have some additional hurdles to overcome with
> technical queries if
> you are using this for some sort of advertising broadcast
> medium due to
> people on the list not liking that very much...

There are other uses..... Here in the UK the police use
this sort of system ("Ringmaster") to disseminate
information about criminal activity around neighbourhood
watch co-ordinators.

Their incessant complaint (the police, that is) is that
it's too expensive to roll out much beyond a trial system.
Driving the hardware cost down would just leave them
their revenue costs to whinge about.

Mike Pellatt