[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail notification

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jun 11 19:55:54 MST 2003

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 19:10, Andy Powell wrote:
> I'd like to use either the message waiting light or stutter tone but
> on searching the archives I found conflicting answers.
>
> Everyone seems to agree that you should add
>
> mainbox=<mailbox number>
>
> but some people are saying that it should be added to zapata.conf and
> others are saying zaptel.conf
>
> Can someone who has it working clarify this?

zaptel.conf is used for the kernel module.  zapata.conf is used for the
Asterisk program.  As MWI is an Asterisk feature, it must therefore be
placed in zapata.conf.

If you're still not convinced, you can do a grep in the various cvs
repositories to confirm which is which:

root at tweedledee:/cvs/asterisk# grep -r '"mailbox"' /cvs/zaptel
root at tweedledee:/cvs/asterisk# grep -r '"mailbox"' channels/chan_zap.c
                } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "mailbox")) {
                } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "mailbox")) {

-Tilghman