[Asterisk-Users] PDA's over SIP channels on Asterisk

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Jun 10 19:34:29 MST 2003

>>>>> "flickds" == flickds <flickds at mail.auburn.edu> writes:

flickds> Is it possible for two PDA's to communicate like
flickds> telephones via SIP channels on a PC running Asterisk?

Certainly.  There are several softphone apps available for the
various platforms.  And you can of course talk to any other
systems, voip or otherwise, the * is configured for.

flickds> If that is possible, does there exist any applications
flickds> that can be installed on a Zaurus 5600

theKompany.com markets tkcPhone for the Z.  Their homepage says
they've ported all their stuff to the 5600¹.

You can download tkcPhone from:

http://www.thekompany.com/embedded/

Any 2.5 mm headset will work.  You can apparently even use a regular
pair of headphones in an emergency (talk into one of the ears. :)
It is a standard Tip-Ring-Ring-Ring jack.

I've not tested it myself, but I think I recall a post on one of
the fwd lists that it worked well.

-JimC

¹ in general software for the 5000D and 5500 should work on the
  5600, but theory vs. reality being what it is some Z apps
  have required some porting effort....