[Asterisk-Users] NewbieQ: SOHO setup with x100p

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Wed Jun 11 15:32:23 MST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:12:22AM +0200, Tielman Koekemoer wrote:

> > On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Tielman Koekemoer wrote:
> >
> > welcome to *
>
> Good to be here.
>
> > c) get a T400P + channel bank (expensive, but it does give you 24
> ports)
>
> I'm also considering a PRI from our local Telco (thanks to Mr
> Davies)connected to an E100P but am waiting for a quote from said Telco
> to compare costs with your idea (T[1,4]00P + channel bank). If any, what
> are the advantages of either? Off the cuff please, I don't expect
> lengthy answers.
>
> Would I need a channel bank with the E100P? I'm asking as I need to keep
> costs low.

Getting the lines delivered over a PRI would eliminate the need for the
channel bank for FXO ports.  If you want to use non-VoIP phones, you
still need some way to deal with FXS ports.  But I think you intended to
use soft phones internally so that wouldn't be a problem for you.  You
would just plug the E1 into the E100P and be done with it.

lambert at lambertfam.org