[Asterisk-Users] How do i make best use of Macro?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jun 11 12:09:30 MST 2003

Okay, while reading over this thread it occured to me one more feature
that should be real simple to add to app_meetme.c that would solve quite
a bit of what is trying to be done here. The feature that needs to be
added is a function to pass in a variable and let meetme populate it
with the current number of users. Possibly have it be a second argument
to the current MeetMeCount that would populate the variable and skip the
ast_say_number function. This would allow it to be backwards compatible,
while moving forward.

How it would benefit the current question is that you could basically
script up a fall through set of priorities that made it work

exten=> x,1,MeetMeCount(1234,num)
exten=> x,2,GotoIf   count is large
exten=> x,3,MeetMe(1234)
exten=> x,4,Hangup or otherwise
exten=> x,5,MeetMeCount(1235,num)
exten=> x,6,GotoIf

Of course as you can see this is the way a Macro would come in handy
then because there is a lot of repetition with only the MeetMe number
changing.

The diff if done to MeetMeCount shouldn't be more than 10 or so lines.
If there is interest in it, I'll work on it this afternoon.