[Asterisk-Users] Opportunistic VoIP

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 10 20:37:33 MST 2003

You should investigate TRIP (RFC 3129):

http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC3219/Output/

Find BSD-licensed proof-of-concept code at
http://www.vovida.org/downloads/trip/trip-1.0.0.tar.gz

If someone could incorporate this into Asterisk and extend the
functionality, that would be pretty nice.  The basic ENUM support in
Asterisk already can handle specific number paths, but I think TRIP
or something like TRIP would be best for handling situations where
larger groups of numbers need to be "advertised" into a routing table
behind a particular Asterisk server.  Think "BGP for phone numbers."

JT