[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 + openh323 CVS = no go? (fwd)

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 10 16:16:59 MST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:10:16 +0200 (CEST)
From: Siggi Langauf <langausd at fachschaft.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 + openh323 CVS = no go?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> If you would have followed the build instructions laid out by the Open
> H.323 folks you wouldn't have had to go thru all of that.
>
> http://www.openh323.org/build.html
>
> (Notice they NEVER tell you to make install ANYTHING, there is a reason
> for that)

Granted. But is there also a reason for having such a "build system"?
IMHO, OpenH323 is just broken in that respect, but I guess this is the
wrong list to discuss such stuff.

Luckily, Asterisk does a much better job, compiling, installing and
building just right out of the box. Big thanks to everybody who made that
possible! (and maybe sometiime H.323 support will be a as easy to build,
or even not necessary any more...)

Cheers,
	Siggi