[Asterisk-Users] Dual T400P, SMP, performance issues

Alberto Bertogli albertogli at telpin.com.ar
Tue Jun 10 16:08:24 MST 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 10:14:09AM -0600, Jared Smith wrote:
> My dual-proc Xeon boxes didn't share IRQs across CPUs until I installed
> the kernel-utils RPM and made sure the irqbalance service was
> running...  Just a word to the wise!

Yes, you need irqbalance and a kinda modern kernel in order to be able to
balance IRQs across different CPUs.

This has nothing to do with *, because it's not up to it which CPU can
handle each interrupt.

You may also want to try out 2.5 and see how it behaves, it has improved a
lot on those areas.

BTW, some NAPI-alike stuff would help here, has anyone thought/tried out
anything like it?

Thanks,
		Alberto