[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 + openh323 CVS = no go?

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Tue Jun 10 10:17:30 MST 2003

Siggi Langauf wrote:

>Hi,
>
>trying to build the h323 channel driver that comes with asterisk works
>fine, but only as long as I use openh323-1.11.7.
>
>Unfortunately, that setup seems to have a bug which misguides one of the
>audio streams. (So while * can "hear" me, the phone remains silent.)

Open H.323 1.11.7 works perfectly in all of my installations. I babysit
15 different chan_h323 based systems.

One way audio usually means you have codec problems or are trying to
traverse NAT.

>I suppose that bug is fixed at least in openh323 CVS. At least, I got
>things mostly working using the external chan_oh323. That setup seems to
>drop small audio snippets like VoiceMail's password prompt, though.
>
>So I'm trying to give chan_h323 another chance. However, I get:
>
>ast_h323.cpp: In function `int h323_set_capability(int, int)':
>ast_h323.cpp:780: `H323_G729ACapability' undeclared (first use this
>function)
>ast_h323.cpp:780: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>ast_h323.cpp:780: for each function it appears in.)
>ast_h323.cpp:780: `g729aCap' undeclared (first use this function)
>ast_h323.cpp:781: parse error before `)'
>ast_h323.cpp: At top level:

It looks like the Open H.323 folks either forgot to include the G.729
Capability stubb or were forced to pull it by their legal department.
I will look into this.

>Is that driver not supposed to work with current OpenH323??
>Anything I'm doing wrong?

We have never tested the latest cvs -HEAD of Open H.323 and PWLib, as
there have been major changes, so we are giving those guys some time to
make sure everything is stable before we dive in to new, untested code.

Jeremy McNamara