[Asterisk-Users] Using Linux traffic shaping to prioritise SIP/IAX traffic?

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Tue Jun 10 08:43:23 MST 2003

>From the same machine running asterisk or from
a linux router ?

Linux kernel by default prioritizes traffic if
the packet has some TOS bits set. so a standard
linux router should do a basic traffic shaping.

Of course, more complex rules could be made...

but if the *outside* world don't do traffic
shaping (or just ignore TOS bits), the priority
you set works only in your net, outside is
not guaranteed they will do what you want to ;)

matteo