[Asterisk-Users] Call Back

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Mon Jun 9 15:24:47 MST 2003

We have Nextel Cell phones where incoming calls are free!

I would like to call a DID number on my Asterisk server, have it grab my
caller ID, not pick up, wait a few seconds, and call me back.

I have already set up qcall to do this and pass it to a context that
asks for a password via authenticate, and is limited to dialing in my
local area so I am not worried about fraud.

I am at the point where it all works except I do not know the variables
in extension.conf  {$CALLERID} is the whole strings including name!!  I
want just the number.

I could also use this to set up a ANI announcement where you call the *
box and it would use SayDigits to read the number you are calling from.
I searched the archives via google and found nothing.

Anybody got any ideas???